Already have a Username/Password for Journal for Religion, Film and Media (JRFM)?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
We are grateful to anyone who considers publishing a paper in our journal, and we encourage you to submit it, either if it meets the requirements of the present Call for Papers or if it deals with a newsworthy topic that should not remain unnoticed by the scientific community. However, please note the following preconditions before you submit. Feel free to contact the editors at any time if you need further information!
- Only original articles not under review elsewhere are considered for publication. The incoming articles are reviewed first by the responsible editors and then forwarded to peer review, given that they follow the style guide provided; please refer to the author guidelines.
- Reviewers evaluate the articles whether they may be published with no changes, minor changes, or major changes, or be rejected. If an article is rejected, it is returned to the author for publication elsewhere. If substantial revisions were required, the article may be re-submitted and will be forwarded to the reviewer in order to make sure that all requests for revision were satisfactorily addressed. If this is not the case, the article may be rejected.
- Copyright issues, especially concerning images and media clips, have to be resolved by the authors before submission of the article.
- Authors are appreciated as valuable partners. Every rejection of an article will be substantially justified, and constructive suggestions for improving the quality of the rejected work will be provided. The editors are responsible for courteous and professional communication in the content of the journal, in communication with the authors and also on the online feedback platform.
- The role of co-authors and the extent of their contribution will be stipulated on a case-by-case basis for each article in which this issue is relevant.
- The authors will be given access to the reviews that determine acceptance or rejection of their articles.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it submitted to another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is written according to the author guidelines provided.
- All illustrations, especially photos and screenshots are labeled with a figure number, title and source and available as CMYK TIFF 300dpi (minimum).
By submitting their paper, the authors agree that:
- The copyright for a published article in its wording remains with the journal for three years; afterwards it falls back to the author on condition that the article may remain in the archived issue of the journal.
- All rights on the object described in said article remain with the author. The author has to agree though, that s/he will not publish another publication on an identical subject in another journal within one year of submission of the article to the JRFM.
- The author is responsible for clearing copyright issues that may emerge from images and/or media clips s/he uses in her/his article.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.